SPOT Gen3 gives you a critical, life-saving line of communication when you travel beyond the boundaries of cell service. The latest generation of award-winning SPOT devices, SPOT Gen3 lets family and friends know you’re okay, or if the worst should happen, sends emergency responders your GPS location – all with the push of a button. Add this rugged, pocket-sized device to your essential gear and stay connected wherever you roam.
Enhanced Tracking Services:
- Custom Tracking Rate – SPOT Gen3’s customized tracking allows you to change the rate tracks are sent to 2½, 5, 10, 30 or 60 minutes when you upgrade to one of the new tracking services: Basic Or Extreme Tracking.
- Motion-Activated Tracking – A vibration sensor tells SPOT to send your GPS location when you are moving and to stop when you do. This conserves battery power and avoids sending duplicate tracks.
- Continuous Tracking – SPOT Gen3 will send track messages until you turn off your SPOT. No need to reset after 24 hours.
- TRACKING – SPOT Gen3’s customized tracking features takes your SPOT experience to the next level. Only with SPOT Gen3, is tracking motion-activated regardless of the level of tracking you choose (Basic or Extreme). A vibration sensor tells your SPOT to send track updates when you are moving and to stop when you do.
- S.O.S. – With the push of a button, GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center provides your GPS coordinates and information to local response teams – for example contacting 9-1-1 responders in North America and 1-1-2 responders in Europe The S.O.S. button is for emergencies only.
- CHECK IN – Let family and friends know you’re ok when you’re out of cell phone range. Send a pre-programmed text message with GPS coordinates or an email with a link to Google Maps™ to your contacts with your location. With a push of a button, a message is sent via email or SMS to up to 10 pre-determined contacts and your waypoint is stored in your SPOT account for later reference. Your stored waypoints can be easily integrated into a SPOT Shared Page or SPOT Adventure account.
- HELP/SPOT S.O.V. (Save Our Vehicle) – Alert your personal contacts that you need help in non-life-threatening situations. Or, use SPOT S.O.V. for professional services on land. (Additional service required).
- CUSTOM MESSAGE – Stay in touch while off the grid by sending your custom message. Set up a message before leaving to send to contacts with your GPS location. Use this feature as a secondary OK message or transfer your personal help alert to this message function if you are using a SPOT S.O.V. service on your Help button.
- Improved Performance
- Motion Activated
- Longer Battery Life (4 x AAA Batteries)
- USB Power Input
- Weight : 114g with Lithium batteries
- Operating Temperature : -22F to 140F / -30C to 60C
- Operating Altitude : -328ft to 21,320ft (-100m to 6,500m)
- Waterproof Rated : IP67 (1 m for up to 30 Minutes and dust proof)
In the Box
SPOT Gen3,Strap,Carabiner,USB Cable,Batteries,Quick reference guide