Compact/Waterproof VHF PBR/Marine ATEX handheld
The IC-M87 ATEX version conforms to the 94/9/EC ATEX Directive. This version is suitable for use in hazardous areas on land and at sea such as oil rigs, petrol tankers, etc. This version has a built-in voice scrambler with 32 codes for private transmission. The IC-M87 meets the needs of business and industry users who need a waterproof marine radio and simple PMR radio. This ATEX approved IC-M87 transceiver offers safety approved 2-way communication preventing explosion and fire hazard in specified hazardous areas.
- The approved rating is II2G EEx ib IIA T3.
- Please ensure that the IC-M87 ATEX is acceptable for the intended place of use.
- Special conditions for use: Must be used with BP-227AX
- Approved accessories: Speaker-microphone HM-138
Tough, Compact, lightweight body – The IC-M87 measures only 62 x 97 x 39 mm and weighs 290g (including BP-227AX). The tough one-piece aluminium chassis is designed to meet MIL standard requirements.
Waterproof construction – The IC-M87 is waterproof to IPX7* and has been designed to handle in extreme conditions such as rainstorms, high-humidity and rapid change of temperature. * (1m depth for 30 minutes).
Simple operation – A large clear backlit LCD display (30 x 8 x 14mm) and backlit buttons provide instant recognition of data and ensures reliable communication in any lighting conditions. The large volume knob and clearly labelled buttons allow for simple and efficient operation at all times whether on sea and land.
Lithium-Ion battery pack as standard – The IC-M87 comes with a BP-227AX 1700mAh Li-Ion battery pack. That provides a capacity battery life; a maximum of 23 hours (Tx:Rx:Stand-by duty ratio = 5:5:90) operation with no ‘memory effect’ of the battery.
Optional speaker microphone, HM-138 – An optional speaker microphone, HM-138, has waterproof construction equivalent to IPX7. The HM-138 is an approved accessory for ATEX use.
Built-in voice scrambler – The ATEX model has a built-in 32 code voice scrambler compatible with UT-112.
22 programmable channels for Land use – The IC-M87 meets both marine and PMR applications. A simple push of a button toggles the operating band between marine and land channels. Each PMR channel is programmable wide/narrow (25/12.5KHz or 20/12.5kHz) channel spacing, and CTCSS and DTCS tone signalling are built-in. Optional cloning software, CS-M88/M87 and cloning cable are required for programming.
Rapid charger available – The BC-152 desktop charger can be set on top of a table or mounted to a wall. The BC-152 accepts various power sources such as an AC adapter, cigarette lighter socket, or DC power supply. The optional rapid desktop charger BC-119N and multi charger BC-121N are also available to charge the IC-M87 in 2.5’3 hours. (AD-100 charger adapter is required).
* Please note that ATEX radios should not be charged in Hazardous environments.
- IPX7 Waterproof protection (1m depth for 30 minutes)
- Rugged compact and lightweight body
- Standard BP-227AX Li-Ion battery pack
- PMR Mode (146-174 MHz) with 22 free programmable channels (subject to licence)
- CTCSS/DTCS tone signalling standard in PMR mode
- Ergonomic key layout for simple operation
- Self check function checks temperature, battery voltage, water intrusion.
- Built-in 32 code voice scrambler.
- ATEX Intrinsically Safe Type Approval
In the Box
IC-M87 ATEX; BC-152 Slow Battery Charger; BC-01 Charger Adapter; BP-227AX Li-Ion Battery Pack; FA-S59V antenna; MB-86 Belt Clip; Handbook.