The GPSMAP 276Cx navigator provides precise navigation off road or on water no matter where you take it. The new 276Cx adds a whole range of high-end navigation features without limiting the original 276 experience. With a large 5″ display, enhanced sensors like GPS+GLONASS, barometric altimeter and 3-axis compass, comprehensive marine and outdoor features and mapping support the new GPSMAP 276Cx as a strong successor to the legendary GPSMAP 276C. Garmin kept most of the user interface the same – even the keypad is exactly as its predecessor.
GPSMAP 276Cx gets a comprehensive refresh on sensor technology. The device features GPS and GLONASS positioning for better performance in challenging environments; to get optimal satellite tracking in vehicle interiors add an external antenna (not included) to the built-in MCX connector. To improve situational awareness it now also has a barometric altimeter to get you smooth elevation readings and an electronic 3-axis compass to give you the right bearing under any condition – even when standing still.
The new GPSMAP 276Cx features a large 5″ outdoor-readable display with rich colour support for better mapping display. Due to its great viewing angle it can be clearly seen from various positions. So even mounted in a cockpit, the clear visibility and button-based interface allows for safe operation even in a shaky environment, like a boat or off-road vehicle.
Built to Garmin’s high standards, it is highly durable and water rated to IPX71 thanks to a thoroughly tested tough mounting system. To make the device more flexible when it comes to power supply – you can either hook the device up to the power supply of your vehicle or boat or use the NiNH power pack (up to 17h of battery life) or 3 optional AA batteries (up to 9h of battery life).
Almost anywhere you want to go, GPSMAP 276Cx has a compatible map to take you there. It comes with a large 8GB internal memory preloaded with a worldwide basemap, a Recreational Map of Europe and includes a free 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription. It also supports a variety of optional mapping, like BlueChart® g2 HD marine charts, Garmin TOPO and TOPO PRO maps, City Navigator® NT, Garmin Custom Maps and BirdsEye Select raster maps. A microSD™ slot allows you to expand the memory further to load additional mapping on it.
Together with appropriate mapping GPSMAP 276Cx offers additional navigation features such as the well-known Drive-mode for on street navigation or Curvy Road routing for motor bike riders, that highlights smaller and more fun roads to ride. Used together with TOPO PRO maps, the device can select from a number of recreational routing options that choose appropriate road classes for each activity or vehicle. And for people that prefer navigation on courses and tracks the new 276Cx also provides advanced track navigation.
You can connect your 276Cx via a Bluetooth headset to get TTS guidance in your helmet. Or once connected to a smartphone, you can receive Active Weather that provides weather forecast and animated Weather Radar view on your mapping screen, smart notifications like mails, SMS or social media updates or LiveTrack that allows you to share your exact location with family and friends. The device can also wirelessly connect to external sensors via ANT+ like tempe™ for external temperature readings, or you can connect it to WiFi for over-the-air updates and Garmin Connect™ database syncs.
- Large, sunlight-readable 5-inch display with great viewing angles
- Built-in barometric altimeter and 3-axis compass for better situational awareness.
- Supports Active Weather forecasts and animated weather tracking with weather radar.
- Built-in worldwide basemap, Recreational Map Europe and 1-year free of charge BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
- Internal antenna with GPS and GLONASS satellite reception to track your position in more challenging environments; plus the built-in MCX connector allows you to add an external antenna
- Supports Garmin TOPO maps and Active Routing on TOPO Pro maps, BlueChart g2 marine charts, City Navigator, Custom Maps, raster maps and vector maps.
- 8 GB internal memory and micro SD card slot for further expanded memory.
- Use the included rechargeable battery pack or traditional AA batteries (not included).
- Pairs with your compatible smartphone for smart notifications and LiveTrack; also Bluetooth headsets for navigation, and WiFi and ANT+ technology for external sensors
- Water-rated to IPX7
In the Box
GPSMAP 276Cx, Bluechart g2 HD UK & Ireland on microSD card, AMPS powered mounting bracket with marine bail mount, rechargeable battery pack, USB cable, AC adapter, 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription1, documentation.