The new, budget WL70 wi-fi antenna brings reliable wi-fi connectivity to an onboard laptop PC or MAC.
More and more boaters want access to the internet afloat. Marinas and ports as well as a large number of cafes, hotels, restaurants and service providers offer wi-fi connectivity but you may just miss that vital connection if you’re moored or anchored away from the dock – especially if you’re below decks about to enjoy a movie or catch up on email. The WL70 can offer connections up to about ½ mile depending upon conditions.
It has a very high performance 15dBm antenna to suck in the weakest of signals and the internal low noise, high sensitivity modem connects to the PC via simple plug ‘n play USB interface. It fits a standard 1 mount (not supplied) so can be permanently mounted or even taken out into the cockpit when moored and temporarily installed.
Welcome to the new internet connected boat!
- Improve wi-fi reception on board with ranges up to 1km
- Ultra rugged GRP and stainless steel construction – designed for permanent marine installation
- High sensitivity internal wi-fi modem with 15dBm antenna
- 1.25m long
- USB connectivity
- Compatible with PC (Windows Vista/7/8.1/10) and MAC OS, also compatible with many Linux distributions
- Supplied with 5m cable (5m extension possible with powered extender ZDIGWLEXT)
- Fits standard 1” mount brackets and mounts